To easily find the information you’re looking for, please click on the links below:
- Collecting Personal Information and Our Application of the California Privacy Rights Act
- Sharing Personal Information with Service Providers
- Receiving Personal Information from Third Parties and Sharing Personal Information with Other Third Parties (other than Service Providers)
- Behavioral Advertising
- Using Your Personal Information
- Automatic decision-making
- Your Rights as Prescribed by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2023 ("CPRA")
- International Users
- You are Prohibited from Misrepresenting Yourself
- Do Not Track
2. Collecting Personal Information and Our Application of the California Privacy Rights Act
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: To load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: This information is collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: This information is also shared with our processor Salesforce, and other third-party service providers: Google and our Shipping Providers, and all other third-party services that we need to support the operation of our site and to facilitate advertising operations.
- Personal Information collected: Other types of Personal Information we collect are information concerning your web browser, IP address, the time zone you are in, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms you have used to find our Site, and how you interact with the Site.
- Information Collected for Purposes of Advertising
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: To provide products or services to you in fulfillment of your product order, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you about your purchases, screen our orders for potential risk of fraud, and, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising about related products or services you might be interested in purchasing.
- Source of collection: This information is collected from you by way of your submission of information about yourself via our information form or through your ordering merchandise through our Site.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: This information is shared with our processor Salesforce as well as our other service providers, Google and our Shipping Providers, and all other third-party services needed to maintain the operation of our Site and facilitate the advertising of our products.
- Personal Information collected: The type of Personal Information we would collect by way of your ordering merchandise through our site would include your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone/cell number.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection: To be able to resolve your customer service inquiries.
- Source of collection: This information would be collected from you while you are engaged with our customer service facilities.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: The purpose of collecting this information would be to resolve your customer inquiry, improve our products and services, and learn about technical problems you may have encountered with our site which would allow us to resolve those problems for your benefit and the benefit of other customers.
- Personal Information collected: The type of Personal Information we would be collecting would include your name, address, product you want to purchase (or have purchased), order number, and other information collected from you via special instructions you may have advanced to us that could identify you or your household.
- Purpose of collection: To provide customer support.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Such Personal Information may be disclosed to our staff, supporting technology platforms, shipping providers, or other third parties needed to understand the bases for your request and to solve the problem you present.
4. Sharing Personal Information with Service Providers
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our purchase order contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Salesforce to power our online store. You can read more about how Salesforce uses your Personal Information here: https://www.salesforce.com/privacy/overview/.
- We may also need to share your Personal Information with third-party vendors in order to address technical problems and enhance the functioning of our site, but understand that our third-party vendors may, in turn, need to disclose your Personal Information to their vendors, about whom we may have no knowledge and over whom we have no control.
- We may also need to share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or otherwise to protect our rights.
5. Receiving Personal Information from Third Parties and Sharing Personal Information with Other Third Parties (other than Service Providers)
In our efforts to reach, through our advertising, as many potential customers as possible, we have entered into relationships with third-party data providers, which supply us, among other things, the personal information of persons that they, themselves, have collected by way of their own research via their own platforms, social media, and/or have purchased or licensed from other parties. Although we do not have a program under which the Personal Information we have is sold to other parties, to the extent we have entered into agreements with data cooperatives and third-party marketing partners with which we share Personal Information, this information may be used by them for their own commercial purposes. Should you not want to have your Personal Information shared with third parties, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Shared PI Opt-Out.
6. Behavioral Advertising
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Notwithstanding the foregoing explanation about how we may use your Personal Information to enhance our targeted advertising, if you do not want us to use your Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising, you may opt-out of our advertising program by contacting us using the Contact information provided above or by contacting the relevant platforms, as follows:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/choices/ or, with respect to mobile devices-related opt-out procedures, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
7. Using Your Personal Information
As we have discussed, we use your Personal Information to be able to provide our services to you, including, but not limited to, offering products for sale, fulfilling purchase orders by allowing us to process payments and shipping, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
9. Automatic decision-making
Under applicable law, you may have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal impact on you or otherwise significantly affects you. Be on notice that we do not engage in fully automated (algorithmic) decision-making that should have a legal impact on you or should otherwise significantly affect you. To the extent our processor, Salesforce, may use limited automated decision-making, it is intended only to prevent fraud and should not have any legal impact or otherwise significantly affect you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making may include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a limited number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a limited number of days.
10. Your Rights as Prescribed by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2023 ("CPRA")
Notice of Financial Incentive.
11. International Users
12. You are Prohibited from Misrepresenting Yourself
A cookie is a small amount of information that is automatically downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different kinds of cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website. For instance, information collected via a cookie can tell us whether a visitor is a first time or frequent visitor to our site. The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies could negatively impact your user experience and prevent you from being able to access parts of our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing your browser controls, often found within your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. More information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: https://allaboutcookies.org/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/. Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, we refer you back to Section 5 hereof (Behavioral Advertising). Should you continue to have questions about opting out of targeted advertising, please contact us using the Contact information supplied above.
14. Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Terms Governing Coldwater Creek’s Mobile Messaging Program