The Technical Designer will be responsible for executing consistent production fit, pattern approvals and maintaining accurate measurement specifications.
- Execute initial styles from design handoff through production, by developing specs to meet required aesthetic following sketches and or original samples.
- Maintain design integrity and fit of the product in conjunction with Design / Merchandising.
- Schedule and lead fit sessions.
- Prepare list of garments to fit & paperwork for fittings. Ensure that all fit garments from the factories are measured and evaluation sheets are prepared and reviewed prior to fittings. Evaluate samples for fit, construction & workmanship.
- Effectively communicate fit comments to production and domestic and overseas partners maintaining deadlines and with;
- Fully detailed written instructions to improve fit & quality of each garment
- Photos of problem fit areas to demonstrate requested corrections
- Detailed sketches - updated
- Construction information updated
- Garment measurements - including changes
- Graded measurements
- Research and resolve fit, pattern, and construction issues from development through production.
- Maintain consistent fit, construction, grade rules, and tolerances.
- Identify potential production, quality, costing, and design issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Lead competitive fit/construction analysis and apply learning.
- Review established size sets for styles and products.
- Track and manage fit sample approvals for own product category meeting calendar deadlines.
- Update reports where necessary.
- Keep samples organized.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience as a technical assistant or fit technician.
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of pattern making, garment construction and spec grading.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building collaborative working relationships within teams.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet specific timelines.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel and Word.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Sewing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
For any inquiries or to apply, please email a resume to email@example.com.