6 Wayside Road, Burlington, MA 01803
At Coldwater Creek, we believe that every woman, at every stage, should look and feel her very best
The Coldwater Creek Assistant Manager is responsible for partnering with the Store Manager in creating a welcoming, high touch experience for our customers and associates alike, building long-term and enduring relationships. The Assistant Manager supports attracting and developing a high-performing team, leading the overall day-to-day operations of the store and delivering on the customer journey experience. Assistant Manager is to act as a leader in the absence of or in support of the Store Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exemplifies strong leadership skills.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing and hiring for all positions and developing a high-performance team and culture.
- Supports the training, onboarding and ongoing development of the Store team.
- Assists in creating a customer centric culture and holds self and team accountable to delivering the Coldwater Creek customer journey and the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Builds positive relationships with team, customer and community.
- Controls payroll and all other controllable expenses.
- Maintains optimal store staffing needs and schedules talent to maximize productivity.
- Ensures proper floor coverage and floor management to maximize store volume.
- Partners with the Store Manager to identify, document and resolve performance issues and policy violations according to company policy in partnership with leadership.
- Executes events per company directives to grow the customer base and build loyalty.
- Partners with Store Manager to administer the Performance Management process and ensures monthly touch bases and reviews are handled in a timely and consistent manner with action plans and results clearly documented.
- Ensures efficient planning, coordination, follow-through and completion of tasks, which contribute to the achievement of the store and company goals.
- Adjusts plans, task load and schedules when necessary and acts with a sense of urgency to meet changing priorities, store needs and the demands of the business.
- Communicates customer feedback, business trends and recommendations to the appropriate parties.
- Ensures the maintenance of a neat, clean and organized store and stockroom.
- Effectively promotes all brand initiatives, building customer database, selling gift cards and opening credit accounts.
- And achieves all personal goals.
- Ensures visual presentation standards are met and that the floor is replenished at all times while providing options for sell through.
- Ensures protection of all company assets, controlling internal and external loss while achieving stores shrink goals. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Ensures the appropriate execution of merchandise handling procedures.
- Identifies and resolves all store maintenance issues.
- Completes all additional duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four years of retail experience, with at least two years of management experience. Specialty retail experience preferred.
- HS Diploma/ GED
- Solid business acumen and analytical skills and can confidently analyze and speak to the store’s business.
- Excellent visual merchandising skills, knowledgeable of our merchandise and confidence in making visual decisions based on our customers’ buying patterns.
- Proven leadership skills and strong personal presence.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, training, revenue generation, and operations.
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and direct activities at all levels.
- Some travel may be required.
- Capable of lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays, based on the needs of the business.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Associates degree or equivalent in work experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her manager.