DIRECTOR OF VISUAL MERCHANDISING
At Coldwater Creek, we believe that every woman, at every stage, should look and feel her very best
In collaboration with the SVP of Retail, the Director of Visual Merchandising will oversee all visual merchandising aspects for Coldwater Creek. This role is responsible for the conceptualization, coordination, design, planning and successful execution of all Visual Merchandising element for the brand.
Serves as a strategic partner in developing the in-store presentation and customer experience leading to customer satisfaction and delivery of financial goals.
- Serve as a visual subject matter expert with a broad but detailed knowledge of in store practices and processes.
- Work as a strategic partner with Merchandising, Operations and Planning.
- Develop compelling visual merchandising and window directives that reflect the brand image and increase sales and traffic.
- Design and source all seasonal / monthly window and interior theme support elements.
- Oversee visual merchandising standards guidelines to ensure flawless execution and consistency.
- Work strategically with merchant team to develop floor set guidelines and directives.
- Partner closely with Creative team on inspiration to develop and execute on-brand visual design solutions that are aligned with the brand vision and on-going marketing activities.
- Develop all floor set visual guides.
- Manage the development of all VM strategy calendars.
- Apply knowledge of competitive landscape and trends.
- Responsible for Visual Budget.
- This position requires extensive travel; 50%+
- 8-10+ years demonstrated success in leading visual execution, preferably in the woman’s apparel category.
- Bachelor’s of Science or Fine Arts preferred.
- Excellent managerial skills and interpersonal relationships.
- Organizational agility.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of design software: Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
This position is based in our Hingham, MA corporate offices. Location easily accessible from the Commuter Boat.
For any inquiries or to apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.