Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and FP&A, this position directly manages the overall Finance and Accounting function to ensure proper recordkeeping and reporting. The Controller is responsible for establishing and maintaining internal controls that support GAAP and company standards. The position requires daily engagement with leadership and peers and is a key resource in providing time relevant reporting to support business decisions.
- Oversee the accounting operations including accounts payable, inventory, general ledger, financial reporting, cash management and tax compliance.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and company standards.
- Partner cross-functionally within the company to provide insight, financial decision support, and identifying areas of risk.
- Generate and review monthly financial reports and analysis, providing recommendations to management on cost savings and margin improvements.
- Create reporting, commentary, and presentation materials for Board and leadership meetings.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting to external users.
- Monitor debt levels, cash flow and ensure compliance with covenants.
- Ensure adequate controls are operational and effective.
- Manage company audits including year-end, bank and inventory appraisal audits.
- Ensure all federal, state, and local tax returns are prepared and filed, including monthly sales tax.
- Coordinate the Company's insurance programs.
- Facilitate the review and maintenance of company contracts.
- Manage trademark registrations and renewals working with outside legal counsel.
- Evaluate and enhance systems and processes as required.
- Effectively manage and develop supporting staff, providing coaching and development opportunities when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with CPA Required.
- Prior Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Prior retail experience required.
- Strong analytical skills and business intuition.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable in environments with changing systems and processes.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, in particular advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
For any inquiries or to apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.